Monday 28 January 2008

Proby Again (1967 Extended Play)



Proby Again (1967)
Liberty / Mono #LEP 2267

  1. I Can't Make It Alone
  2. Try To Forget Her
  3. Let The Water Run Down
  4. You've Come Back

"This was Proby's last UK E.P released during his Liberty signing and what a mixed bag of songs it offered. It included his debut US single "Try To Forget Her" from 1961, the 'Top 20' single "Let The Water Run Down", a B-side "You've Come Back" and of particular interest to collector's an alternate take of "I Can't Make It Alone" (a song from his album "Enigma"). This particular version featured a dramatic "double vocal" harmony by Proby that took inspiration from the Righteous Brothers' #1 hit "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try To Forget Her was my first single, bought second hand in 1965! Would be great on a CD!
But I Can't Make It Alone is beautiful as well!

lakelady2 said...

My all time favourite PJ has to be "Somewhere" but I would love "Turn Her Away" to be included on the CD.
There are many Probyans out here with fingers crossed that you can release this CD for PJ's 70th.

Thanks for trying and good luck.
Sue. (lakelady2)

BearGrove Blog said...

Have heard that it exists even another version of "I Can´t Make It Alone" - but I have never found out from what vinyl that rare version is included